Friday, June 9, 2017

I'm back

My blog has been silent for almost 8 weeks - I didn't fall off the edge of the earth, but my world has been a bit upside down.



 On April 24 my dad passed away suddenly and I have been travelling to and from Winnipeg for the funeral and to be with my mom who lost her husband and caregiver.  We are doing okay although it is still hard to believe he is gone.   We have also been enjoying end of year concerts, visits from friends and the general hustle and bustle of life, so being on the computer has been at the bottom of the list.  I have been quilting and have at least 10 quilts to share, so I will start the catch up process today.




I recently quilted one of my quilt guild's Comfort Quilts.  We donate these quilts to people with illnesses, or a loss of some form or another.  We were alerted to a possible need for a quilt for a man, so the ladies got this top ready and I volunteered to quilt it.  Another guild member will do the binding.


We added a navy Stonehenge backing and I decided this was the perfect chance to try out one of my new pantographs that arrived recently.



This one is by Beany Girl Quilts and it is called Novaya Zhizn.  It is a nice take on a leafy panto.




  These are the other pantographs that I recently added to my collection.  Many are classics that have stood the test of time, but I just hadn't picked up yet.

Clamflower

Expression

Maple Syrup

Musica

 
Snazzy Snowflake



1 comment:

  1. Lori, sending a heap of love and caring wishes ,that in time your memories will be more than your grief right now. A huge loss, irreplaceable, and I do hope that in your quilting, you will find happiness and peace. A beautiful quilt out of pieces of fabric, just as our lives are, made up of family and friends.

    ReplyDelete