Saturday, March 18, 2017

Chilly Charmers


The fun and folky quilt was made by Gail.  The pattern is a Block of the Month from Pearl Louise Designs called "Chilly Charmers."  I should note that you are really not seeing the final product as there are many embellishments that Gail will add now that it is quilted.


All of the applique was fused and then stitched down with a machine buttonhole stitch.  It really adds to the charm of the quilt.  Gail & I decided that I would stitch in the ditch around the applique and then keep the rest of the quilting fairly light.  I used two threads for the entire quilt.  So Fine #489  -"Lewis and Clark" was my choice for the borders and colorful pieced sections, it is a mossy green than was good at blending with black and green and red.  For the stitch in the ditch and the background quilting in the blocks I used Superior's new MicroQuilter thread in Natural White.  It is a 100 wt and just blends in so well even without an exact color match.






Gail requested simple piano keys on the border and I think it was a great choice as it frames the piece nicely, and doesn't compete with the busy print.  I had a lot of fun playing on this one.  Thank Gail!





1 comment:

  1. The more I scrolled up and down, the more I found to admire and wonder at, So many fine details, a wonky chimney , skis and poles,letters, a tree of flying geese, I cannot imagine what will be added to make this any more stunning.

    ReplyDelete