Thursday, April 7, 2016

Pokeball


I have to admit that when Reneta first showed me a picture of this quilt top I had no idea what it was.   Guess my girls just weren't into the same things as her boys.  For those of you who are like me, this is a Pokeball.  Reneta made this quilt for her 20 year old son, and she is beyond excited to give it to him, because she knows how excited he will be when he sees it.


The upper and lower border panels were quilted really simply so as not to distract from the Pokeman characters.   When it came to the center of the quilt, Reneta suggested stippling and swirls to differentiate the background from the ball.  When it came time to quilt it, I wondered if I should do anything to "round out" the ball.  Reneta was away on a holiday, so I consulted another expert - my good friend Kathy's teenage son Daniel.  He loved the quilt, and had very strong opinion about keeping the pixelated look of the "classic game".  Who was I to argue?  (Thanks Daniel - you helped me more than you know!)  I decided to add u-turns to the black to enhance the feeling.



I love the texture on the flannel back!



As I type this post I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my partner in crime Kathy!  We are headed to Winnipeg this weekend to take in the Quilt Reflections Show being hosted by the Manitoba Prairie Quilters.  Looking forward to seeing the quilts, and the vendors and the other quilters!

No comments:

Post a Comment