Sunday, November 1, 2015

City Slicker- a new pattern by Highway 10 Designs


I am very excited to share the latest pattern from Highway 10 Designs.  It is called City Slicker and it is our first jelly roll friendly pattern.  There are two size options included in the pattern.  The cover quilt shows the smaller of the two. City Slicker is a beginner friendly pattern, and as always we have included lots of diagrams and pressing instructions that we have heard our customers appreciate. The PDF downloadable pattern is currently available in our Etsy Store, and paper copies will be available soon.

Three samples of City Slicker  have been made while writing and testing this pattern.  Kathy pieced and quilted this version using a Jinny Beyer Malam Batik Roll. 



When Kathy and I were together at a quilt retreat at Fabriculous in Swan River, Manitoba in September and again last week, we worked together to piece the store sample made from the "For You" jelly roll by Moda.


I had the pleasure of making the cover quilt using a Hoffman Bali Pop in the Tidepool colorway.


I knew I wanted to do some custom quilting on this one from the moment the blocks started coming together.  The center rectangular shape is not one that you encounter very often, so it took a bit of thinking, but this motif seemed like just the right thing.


I added some curls and melon shapes in the light frame, and stitched in the ditch to keep everything nice and crisp.


And finally an elongated egg and dart motif in the colorful cross pieces.




I just love how the back of the quilt looks too!



To hear the other side of the Highway 10 Designs story about the making of City Slicker, check out what Kathy has to say on her Tamarack Shack blog.












5 comments:

  1. Another really great pattern. I like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great design!! What a super way to make use of jelly rolls. Beautiful quilting as well, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great design. I am ready with my jelly roll. I absolutely love the ruler work in the four patches. Congratulations on number seven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quilting on this piece Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Got the pattern and my jelly roll!! Beautiful work Lori!

    ReplyDelete