Tuesday, March 10, 2015

International Round Robin - Round 2

The results of Round 2 of the International Round Robin that I am lucky enough to be participating in are here!  Our instructions were to make more blocks to add to what we received.  They could be 6", 9" or 12" and the number of blocks we made went according to a point chart.  We had to include some of the consistent fabric in what we made.

I worked on Kathy's blocks this round.  This is what arrived.


  Those chains at the corners of Kathy's star block looked to me as if they needed to be going somewhere.  I made 4 - 9" blocks that could be used to extend the chain, and two more nine patch blocks to add to the pile.


Here are all of the blocks so far.  It will be interesting to see where they end up in the quilt top!


This is Desley's pile from Round 1.


These are the blocks Bronwyn added.


And here are all of Desley's blocks to date.


Next up are my blocks from Round 1.


Here are the blocks that Kathy made to add to the pile.  I love how she picked up on the little bit of plum I had included and the darker brown really adds depth.  Fun to see a few more variations of the large sawtooth star blocks too.


Here are all my blocks to date.  I can't wait to see what gets added next!


These are Bronwyn's blocks from Round 1.



Desley made four 9" blocks like this one.


Here are all Bronwyn's blocks to date.  I get to add to this collection in the next round.  Hmmm.  What will I do?


This is a lot of fun.  Looking forward to Round 3!

2 comments:

  1. Lori, every one is different, and even with all the separate shades, I like every one. Great fun to participate, enjoy the next one to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous Lori! And you were stressing about directional fabric.

    ReplyDelete