Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Quilts Don't Need to be Complicated


This is another one of Ina's lovely quilts that she is donating to her local care home.  This autumn color palette is different from the other six I have quilted for her.


This is the first time I used the "Falling Leaves" panto.  It is not very dense and really seemed to suit her fabric choices.



This lovely lap quilt belongs to Vanda.  It is a gift for a young lady, and I think she will be thrilled with this funky quilt.  The pattern is "Just Can't Cut It" by All Washed up Designs.



Vanda chose the "Fluffy Clouds" panto and the grey Stonehenge backing I have on hand and we used a dark grey Magnifico thread.


And I did start another project of my own.  I am participating in a Row quilt along being instructed by two lovely ladies in the Nimble Thimbles Quilt group that I attend twice a month.  It is a mystery in that we don't know what the end result will be.  We do know that each row will contain some kind of leaf block.  This is row 1.  The instructors do amazing hand applique and had there leaves done that way.  I am still allergic to applique and zig-zagged mine down with invisible thread.  I did turn the edges under using the non-fusible interfacing method.  I am excited to see what the next row will look like, and excited that I have kept up  - so far!



4 comments:

  1. Lovely autumn ( fall) shades, and I always do invisible thread stitching for my applique, the fingers are not nimble enough now to turn under, but the way shown in your link is so good. Waiting to see the next row.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have chosen beautiful colours for your row quilt along, Lori. The start of this quilt looks very intriguing. I am anxious to see what the next row, and subsequent rows, will be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Colors for your leaves. I love Ina's quilt. It is gorgeous. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Ina's quilt. It looks very "restful". Like your leaf blocks too - I went outside my comfort zone and did hand applique! Phew! Got that out of the way!

    ReplyDelete