Monday, December 9, 2013

Scrappy Squares


This cheerful quilt belongs to Lori.  I am not much of a scrap quilter myself, but I love seeing what someone can create with all those little bits leftover from past projects.  Lori used a fusible gird when she pieced this one.  This is what the back looked like before I got in on the machine. 


The top was a little firmer than normal with the fusible product on the back, but once it was I loaded I did not notice any difference at all.  Lori requested the Quilter's Dream Puff batting to keep the quilt soft and light,  and it sure shows off the texture of the quilting nicely!


This is the "Come Dance With Me" panto, and I used a green So Fine! thread similar to the backing and inner border.


4" squares - simple and effective!





1 comment:

  1. Scraps are wonderful. A beautiful quilt. With the fusible that quilt would be unbelievably quick to sew. The longest part would be deciding where to put which square.

    ReplyDelete