Thursday, May 30, 2013

Fox Trails


 Fox Trails (from Riley Blake) is the name of the absolutely adorable fabric line that Michele used in this quilt for her young son.  I think she chose a great pattern that allows you to enjoy the prints without being too busy.




Michele is the first client I have had that has found me online, so design decisions by email it was.  Michele wanted a fun panto that went with the cute woodsy camping theme in her fabrics.  She was leaning towards the "Hedwig the Owl" panto.


I thought the owls would look great, but just didn't feel right about quilting so many large flowers on a quilt for a little boy, so I suggested swapping the flowers out for stars.  That sealed the deal for Michele.


I just love all these cute prints.



Michele used two contrasting fabrics on the back for a little fun, and the owls show up best on the soft green.


 Thanks for trusting me with your quilt Michele.  I'm sure you son will be very excited to have it on his bed!


2 comments:

  1. Nice to see that panto stitched out, perfect for that cute quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting to see your mystery quilt all done

    ReplyDelete