Sunday, June 3, 2012

Oops!

Well, I have owned a rotary cutter for 17 years and today was the day. I am always careful, or so I thought.  I was trimming up some paper piecing when all of a sudden my cutter slipped and I trimmed off the tip of my left index finger! Surprisingly, it really didn't hurt, and I didn't feel faint even though it bled pretty well.   Luckily I wasn't home alone and my husband quickly bandaged me up.  You may be thinking why didn't I go to the ER?  Well, as my hubby said - "What are they going to do - put a bandage on it?  It's not like there is anything to stitch up!" And,  I know my tetanus shot is current because of an incident last year with a sewing machine needle - story on that one is here or here.   Hopefully I don't do any damage when the new machine arrives!

On a better note, I did get one top made out of my fat quarters and panels. 


 I added the green inner border of my hand dyed fabric to get things to a more normal proportion and then added the pieced border.  I think it will make a good baby gift or donation to Project Linus after a little practice run through my Innova.  Hoping to hear something about when it may be arriving.  Until next time.  Safe quilting!



5 comments:

  1. Oh NO!! And that's the same finger too! Good thing you use your thumbs to press the buttons on the Innova! Hope it heals fast. Now I know what to buy you for xmas this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, Lori, Lori. Wishing you quick healing. No more than one incident a year, okay? Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope this is not going to be a yearly event!!! Good way to get out of housework- gives you more time to get some tops made before the new purchase arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do hope it heals quickly! Made me think of when I was changing my blade and did go to the ER and got liquid stitches! Same finger too! Now is this how you plan to find blogging topics?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big Ouch! I have suffered through a few rotary cuts as well but nothing like the tip of my finger! Now please be careful as I am really looking foward to seeing what you produce on your new longarm. I am sending "healing thoughts" your way!

    ReplyDelete